Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ready for vacation!

It occured to me yesterday that I had not taken a "rest" day in over two weeks. So I decided to take two. I'm always telling people "the results are in the recovery" but I rarely take my own advice.

Tuesday we're heading to Boca Grande for a week of rest and relaxation. I defintely plan on running and I'm taking my mountain bike. I'm really looking forward to having some new scenery and doing some long runs. I have been less than enthusiastic about running lately and I need to get back in the game.

On vacation I should get some ocean swims in too. Hopefully Matt will get out there with me. He too is "training" for his first super-sprint triathlon. A few of the tri-girls husbands are planning on doing the Tarpon super-sprint in August. Maybe that's why we're all of a sudden considering the olympic distance for Longleaf. We're not at all competetive with eachother but with our husbands is a different story!!

1 comment:

n/a said...

Since you haven't posted it yet, I will...

TARPON SPRINGS TRIATHLON
2nd PLACE RELAY WINNER!!!

HOLLA! :o) LoL