Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Run

This morning I was supposed to run with Christy, Barb and T but I could not get my lazy butt out of bed! I haven't been to bed before midnight since the day before Christmas Eve and my lack of sleep is definetely catching up with me. Since I missed my morning run I vowed to find time at some point to head out for a 3miler with some speed work.

I spent the afternoon with my daughter going out to lunch and then to see Marley and Me. It was very cute but sad. When we got home from the movies I knew it would be my only opportunity to head out for a run before the evening festivites of cooking dinner, cleaning my kitchen and bathing children.

I varied my route a bit today by running down Trinity Blvd. This did not amuse my husband. He had a few colorful scenarios worked up about old ladies running me over. Considering Heritage Springs is right off that road his stories weren't too far fetched. I vowed to never run on it again and he was satisfied. I ran for 25 min total. My milage was around 2 1/2 with the last 3/4 of a mile with sprint intervals. I was pleased with this run because I never got a side stitch even with a tummy full of greasy popcorn and sour patch kids( my fav!).

No comments: