Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pitiful Pilates

The figure on the left is me. The one on the right is how your body should be aligned.

In FL I was a pilates instructor. After a summer of slacking and no pilates for months, saying I am out of "pilates" shape is an understatement. I probably couldn't make it through one of my old pilates classes let alone teach it. You can't fake it in pilates. I was sweating bullets at the end of the 1hr class. I know that all the hill running is a legitimate excuse for super tight hips and a sore lower back but my lack of core strength is ridiculous.

I was able to hold the teaser and make it through a few plow series but roll-ups, shoulder stands and anything else that required lower back strength was almost impossible. I had very little control, which is crucial in pilates. Two days later....my abs are still achy! I'll definitely be back to class next week. The instructor was very nice, had a great personality and was very understanding of my inadequacy ;)

4 comments:

J said...

LOL!! You'll get it back quick! Your lower back just needs to remember... :)

The Devlin Family said...

Thanks. I hope so!

hotmomhotwife said...

You'll be back 2 it in no time...running circles around every1.

n/a said...

loved the pic! Glad you're hitting the gym and I know you'll be back to your bad ass self in no time :)