Friday, March 7, 2008

Sink or Swim!

Today was the first swim all four of us did together. Amy is an ex-swimmer and therefore nominated swim expert. She really knows what she's talking about. She kept reminding me I could just do side stroke. I don't think that's a good sign ;)

We did a lot of drills today, kick board, floating thong, etc. I was getting a little arrogant on how "strong" my legs were. The kick board put me in my place. There is so much to think about while you're swimming; head down, elbows up, draft your arms in an hour glass shape, flick your wrist, oh and BREATHE! The miracle of today however was that at the end of the session I was actually feeling stronger than when we started. I'm hoping all the swims go that way, with a little improvement each time.

We have an Ironman that works at our Y and is running a "try a tri" program for the race we're doing. I think us girls are going to give it a "try" but I have to see what it will consist of. I already teach a bunch of classes and I don't want to wear myself down. Plus, I'd rather not make a total ass of myself in front of one of my co-workers. I'm not the most graceful and I whine a lot!!!!

No comments: