Friday, March 6, 2009

No Zephyrhills tri

My friend Karen invited me to do the East Pasco YMCA sprint triathlon with her this coming weekend. I found a babysitter and was super excited for the 300 pool swim, the bike route with no sharp turns and the flat 5k course. I was planning on registering this evening.

Today at my massage I found out that the pain in my right arm was more than just an annoyance. Apparently I have a tear in my rotator cuff. My first response was "so you don't recommend racing next weekend?". You can imagine his response. Since rest, ice, and more massage seems to be the cure, that's exactly what I intend to do. I can make modifications in my classes so that I don't further injure myself, yet still kick every one's butts ;) I'm going to take two weeks off swimming, lay off the weights and only ride the spin bike for the next few weeks. He said even running can be bad if I swing my arms too much. No laughing at me when I'm running on the treadmill with my hands in my pockets!

1 comment:

n/a said...

better that you found out early in the season. Now you have plenty of time to rest and recuperate before you commit to a race.