Sunday, April 5, 2009

Iron Girl 2009



Yesterday was the Aflac Iron Girl 5k/10k in Clearwater. This was my second year running this race with my running girls. We had a few new friends with us this year too. We all ran the 5k, which consists of running over and back on the new Clearwater bridge. The entire race is pretty hilly with a hill at the starting line and another hill right at the base of the "curly cue" you run down after climbing the steep side of the bridge. Even though the bridge is definitely a challenge the views are so amazing that you can't really complain. We had perfect weather! Even though I only improved my time from last year by 10 seconds I felt strong and steady the whole time.




I'm sure I could of pushed myself a bit harder but I was too busy enjoying the beautiful views and appreciating the experience since this will probably be my last Iron Girl event in FL. But, I've already got my sights on the Iron Girl tri in Colombia MD next year!

1 comment:

Sarah Kathryn said...

It was great to see you! I'm so sorry that this'll be your last Iron Girl Clearwater - you'll be missed when you move, though I know it has to be great to get home to your family.

That is not an easy course and you did so well - and it seemed like you were having a lot of fun, which is the way that kind of race SHOULD be!! Congratulations on improving your time!!