Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 1



First week of "official" training went pretty good. I'm trying to work on my nutrition and get my calories in to support my work outs. I failed pretty miserably the first part of the week but got better as the week went on.


Monday- 3mi run

Tuesday-Taught pilates 1hr
2mi run

Wednesday-9mi bike at 5:30am-This ride was dark and dangerous. Since I'm already nervous on my bike it was a bit stressful.
Afternoon: Taught step 1hr
Swim: 900


My legs felt really heavy in the pool. Step always makes my calves really sore.

Evening: 2mi treadmill run
Taught Bodyflex 1hr

Thursday- OFF

Friday- 5k night race in Ybor

My calves were still sore to the touch from teaching step. I know better than to teach step two days before a race but I wanted to help out a friend. At least my time was still fine. Overall time was 29min by my watch but apparently the "start" was at the end of the first street we ran down and I started my watch when I passed the guy with the airhorn. No worries, it was fun and the weather was beautiful!
Saturday- 1mi fun run at Healthy kids day with Ashley


Sunday- 7mi run with Teresa


I missed a swim this week and I'm not really sure how that happened. The swims on the schedule were easy this week so it's not that big of a deal. They do advance pretty quickly though so I don't plan on missing any in the future.

No comments: