Monday, October 12, 2009

Run Less, Run Faster. Or die trying!


I finally ordered this book that my friends have been telling me about. I won't actually have it for about a week but since my friend Jen started her training program from the book today she sent me hers to follow. That way we can be long distance training partners. I still don't have any races on my calendar. I figure there's probably a few 5k's in the area in the upcoming months so if I'm ready maybe I'll get to run a few. It's a lot less pressure just training for life!
Total time on the mill-67 mins
Total distance-5.25 miles
1 mile warm up at 10 min pace
Schedule called for repeats. 8x400 with 400 recovery
My pace for the 400's varied between 8:49 and 9:22 (by the 6th repeat I was ready to quit, but I didn't)
.25 mile cool down
I stretched for about 5min. I still had to get the kids home, fed, washed and put to bed.
Overall I really liked this work-out, especially the 400's recovery! It was difficult but not undo able. It felt good to push myself yet still feel strong at the finish.

4 comments:

hotmomhotwife said...

I am so glad you decided to do this. I admit I feel like crap for not ebing able to finish today, but ya know the Y calls. It was a little intense today but like you said do-able.

The Devlin Family said...

Trust me, you teaching an hr of step class more than makes up for the couple 400's you missed. I'm happy to have a schedule to follow. Thanks!

n/a said...

you are going to have a love/hate relationship with this book! LOL It's great but very challenging. If I was smart I would've started with the 5k program instead of jumping to the HM schedule... but you know I love to do things the hard way so I have something to bitch about ;) Good luck training and I look forward to hearing alllllll about it!

The Devlin Family said...

You, start with a 5k?? Never. Your first race ever was Gasparilla 15k for crying out loud!! That's why I love ya girl. Go big or go home.lol