Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Horror....the dreadmill

Last week I was busy preparing for the Halloween weekend and didn't have much time for blogging. We had company coming for the weekend and cleaning this house is no small task. I considered cleaning my cross training for the week. Two of my children had oversized costumes that had to be altered and my 7yr old wanted to be Indiana Jones but hated the "store-bought" costume. Thus, sending me on a wild goose chase for an Indiana hat, jacket, whip and satchel. I'm proud to report I was able to find all of his desired items and they were all happy with their costumes. Whew! Three happy kids is no easy task.

Between my husbands odd schedule and running errands all over Calvert county I atleast got three runs in last week. However, the only cross training I did was cleaning and a little weight training after one of the runs. I'm using "the book" by following the intermediate 5k program. Total miles for last week was 11. Hopefully this week I'll be able to get in my three runs plus a few cross training days. My last few weeks of running have ALL been on the treadmill. Better known as the dreadmill. I've decided that aside from cold + rain, I will do all my runs outside. The leaves are changing, the weather is cool and I am heading outside!

2 comments:

christy said...

Shanny, These costumes are awesome. Great job (on the costumes & running!!!)

The Devlin Family said...

Thanks girl!