Sunday, March 7, 2010

march

The beginning of March marked the start of my new and improved work-out regimen. I set a goal for 10-15 miles per week, I admit I was 3 shy of that goal this first week. Instead of dwelling on that or punishing myself by adding 3 to next week I'm going to keep with the same goals and not beat myself up over it. In the past I've been very rigid and down right guilt ridden from work-outs missed. Often, to the point of masochism. I'm just "training for life" right now and not a race so the only real pressure is to feel good...and I do! Since hitting the gym/pavement 5 days this week I've slept better, ate better and bitched less!

Mon- 3mi run
Tues- 2mi run, 2mi on the elliptical
Wed- off
Thurs- 30min of weighted squats, bosu deadlifts, bosu push ups
1hr "all-terrain" spin class
Fri- 2mi hilly, windy run
Sat- taught 1hr yogalates
Sun- off

1 comment:

n/a said...

Great plan! And not rolling over your missed miles to the next week is very smart. Sometimes missed workouts happens so instead of punishing ourselves (which we are so good at doing!) we need to just get back on track for the next week. Good job girlie!