Saturday, March 27, 2010

shanny aka wheezy


This month has been very busy with my sons both starting baseball, which of course are at the same time at two different locations. My daughter started training for a May 5k and the hubby's work schedule is more confusing than the new health care bill.


The weather here has been hit or miss but on two occasions ash and I have been able to head to the park for a little bike/run. Since moving here she has not ran much so I wanted to get her a few good rides on her bike to get her ready to start her training program. In FL she was part of a great little running group at the Y. Even though I know I'm not as fun as coach Kathryn and the girls I've really enjoyed the one-on-one time with my girl. The last two times I ran while she biked along side. Both times she often asked if I was o.k. and even told me I didn't sound too good. The park is pretty flat and I didn't feel fatigued but felt like I was breathing harder than I should be. Matt and the boys were there too having Devlin spring training. On the ride home they kept telling me I didn't look or sound very good. Gotta love the fam! They keep it real.


At my initial visit with our new family physician she diagnosed me with exercise induced asthma and told me that my lungs sounded "pretty good". She also told me not to be surprised if my new cardiologist orders a stress test. Great, 30 yrs old and falling apart. All of this just tells me I need to train harder!


I am happy to report that my first run with the new puffer shaved a minute off my mile! woohoo It's amazing how actually being able to breathe improves your running ;)


I've been successful in making my 10miles a week goal but have been slacking with the weights. Before I increase my mileage goal I need to get strong again. It's amazing how quickly you can lose your strength, thank god for muscle memory!


This week I did three quality strength work-outs. The most challenging being a cable cross series. I did my entire body working largest to smallest muscles. The narrow and wide reverse fly's were killers. 30min on the cable cross had me sweating worse than an hr of spin!

No comments: