Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Training...Two-fer



Last week was week 1 of my tri training program for the sprint I'm planning on doing in July down in Jacksonville. The program I have is not very aggressive but It's a good base that I can tweak to meet my needs. My biggest obstacle will be, as usual, the swim. Especially since the indoor aquatic center doesn't open until next week. Yesterday I drove 45 min to an indoor pool only to find out it was closed with no explanation. So much for checking the website before I left. Thanks a lot CSM la plata.




Week 1:


Mon- 2mi run (10min/mi)


bosu dead lifts, hinge lunge off bench with 30lb bar, bosu push-ups. 3x10 each : 3 cycles


push-ups to pike on large balance ball-8reps


3x8 pullups




Tues-30min bike ride in the a.m.


teach 1hr yogilates in the p.m.




Wed- 6 sets: 10 each arm kettle snatches followed by .20 hill run, 10 kick-thru push ups
(definition of kick-thru's: full plank push-up. drop your chest as you would in a push up, as you lift to plank position reach underneath and thru while kicking the opposite leg

thru to meet your hand, release to plank, repeat the push up and switch sides. that counts as one!)


Kick-thru's sort of feel like this picture, especially after the .20 uphill sprint ;)



Thurs&Fri- off ( life got in the way)


Sat- 45min bike ride


Sun- off (slacker, I know)


Monday begins my training plan for the October 1/2 marathon. I'm following the program in Run less, Run faster. This should be interesting. I am in dire need of new gear such as shoes, socks, visors and running shorts. All suggestions are appreciated! For mama's day the hubby surprised me with a new Garmin. I love it and the color!!

No comments: