Monday, August 30, 2010

Consistently Inconsistent

Although I have not been blogging I have actually been running. My problem is that I have weeks where I run/lift/cross train and weeks where I don't. I decided last week to write myself a program hoping that having a plan will hold me accountable...to myself.

Last week:

Monday- 2.5 mile run
I went out for a run in my new neighborhood. Looping both round abouts aka the state of MDs cure for the common 4 way stop, Its 2miles so I decided to take it a little further and loop one of the cul-de-sacs. Going down this cul-de-sac is a lot of fun but going up is pure torture. It didn't help that the entire neighborhood was out so of course I couldn't stop. I made it home and thought about doing my best Rickey Henderson impression by sliding face first into my driveway.

Tuesday- 800m swim
This was my first swim at the beautiful new aquatic center. I was surprised how good I felt in the water and even did some drills. My arms and flanks were sore the next day but it felt great!

Wednesday-2mi deadmill
Since it was hot as hades out I decided to head to the gym for a quick run and lower body work-out. 2 meaningless miles on the deadmill followed by 10min on the Cadillac bikes. The bikes I'm referring to are the bikes with arm rests, your own personal fans and seats resembling a leather recliner. I always mocked these bikes but I tell ya if you gear waaay up and give yourself full extension you will literally work your butt off! I am now a fan of the Cadillac bikes.

Thursday-off

Friday-2mi
Just a quick out and back run around the neighborhood. Even without the cul-de-sac of death my new hood is a very hilly challenge. I've learned to embrace the hills...at least the downhills ;)

No comments: