Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bad blogger

Last week's training was awesome! Honestly I wouldn't know where to begin to break it all down.

Last weekend we also participated in our first "super" sprint in Palm Harbor. Eventhough this race was VERY unorganized and our times weren't right we still had a great time.

Yes, I panicked in the water, had a hard time tying my shoes and was ready to die by the run, but all in all it was a blast! The open water swim was short yet overwhelming. As soon as I stopped running and dove in the water I thought "holy crap what have I gotten myself in to?" It was one of those moments where I had to tell myself I better get moving because there was no turning back! After a few kicks from ladies on both sides I got my butt in gear. I definetely could of swam faster but I was stuck behind this one lady and then as soon as she could touch she stood up. I managed my way around her and high-kneed it to the beach. This is something we hadn't practiced.

The bike had a lot of sharp turns and it was marked by people yelling at you trying to tell you which way to go. People were making wrong turns and getting pretty pissed. Did I mention my new favorite term is "On your left!" I know is sounds bad but damn I love passing people on my bike! The run was hot but not unbearable. I was very proud of Barb, Teresa and I for completing our first triathlon and we learned a lot to prepare us for Dunedin.

No comments: