Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kick it up a notch!

As you can tell by my last post, I needed to step my swim game up a notch. The swim is going to be the most difficult part for me and I've decided to work on it the hardest. I'm super confident on my bike and the run is going to be hot but it's only a 5k (famous last words).

There were plenty of reasons not to swim today. Barb was planning to meet me but bailed because she was sore from all the swimming she's been doing. My mom is here visiting. I had an 11am meeting and baseball at 12. Also, I made a big breakfast this morning, which I didn't partake in because of my plan to swim. I am glad I left all the excuses behind and hit the pool!

I'm not 100% on all that I did. I basically swam for 1:15 minutes with only a couple short (:30) rests to catch my breath or (:15) to fix my leaky goggles. The water was great today and I really felt like I could swim all day. My two longest sets were 500's!! Holla! I didn't think I had it in me but I took Barb's advice and went slow and it felt awesome!

Basically my work out:
50 free warm up
100 free with buoy
200 free
200 with buoy
200 free
500 with buoy
100 free
500 free

Today I tried to really pay attention to my form and breathe every 4th/5th stroke. This really helped me to relax and get the most out of my reach and pull.

3 comments:

J said...

It really looks like all of your hard work is paying off! You've been doind great!

The Devlin Family said...

Thanks. This training has been an emotional roller coaster!

n/a said...

HOLLA! Awesome!!! It's so cool to get in the pool without feeling like I'm stepping into doom! We are going to rock the race!