Thursday, January 24, 2008

The recipe for the Vegan Apple Bread!

I wasn't able to take any pictures of this bread because it didn't last 24hrs in my house. My kids loved it!

Apple Bread

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 c. supar
1 c. shredded, peeled apple(I used two apples)
1/4 c. cooking oil(I used canola oil)
1 egg( or egg substitute)
1/4 tsp lemon peel
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Grease 8x4x2 bread pan. Preheat oven at 350. In med. bowl combine flour, cinn, baking soda, powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
In another bowl combine sugar, shredded apples, oil, egg(or subst.), and lemon. Mix well. Add the dry mixt to the apple mixt. Stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
Spoon batter into your greased pan and bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes. Let it cool for about 10min before you remove it from the pan.
The base of this recipe comes from my old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I just "veganized" it. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

J said...

I don't think it would have lasted very long in my house either. It sounds good!

Distraction Cake said...

This is delicious! I didn't use any of the nuts, and used half a banana as the egg substitute. It really turned out great, even my husband likes it (and he doesn't like much)! Thanks so much for the recipe.

Who We Are... said...

i found your site typing in vegan applebread on google! Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hey guys, do you have to know the serving size on this bread?!?