Saturday, January 19, 2008

Two runs down...One to go!

Thank goodness I only run 3 days a week because I could NEVER stay comitted to a 5 day program. I'm such a slacker.

Tuesday run: Pre-run food was cheese fries with jalapenos, shrimp pita and a drink with rum! Needless to say I hadn't planned on running but the girls were in my driveway and they're very hard to say no to. I should note that is not normally a pre-run menu for me but with all the kids activities and such that evening I didn't think I'd make it home in time for my run. The plan to do 4 quickly became 2 once my stomach realized what was going on. I don't know my pace or anything that night but I'm sure it wasn't very fast ;(

Thursday was much better! We decided to run the Gasparilla 15k on Feb 9th. The only problem is we haven't exactly been training for it so for now until then we really have to up our mileage. We ran 7.56 miles in 1:14mins. Not too bad. We really tried to keep around a 10min pace, which was hard in the beginning but as we went on we were thankful for the slower pace. The only bad thing is I somehow managed to hurt my knee and I'm hoping a few days of rest will get me ready for my Sunday run. Ice and elevate are my weekend plans!

2 comments:

n/a said...

I hope your knee feels better! We sure run well considering we have such a gimpy group - your knee, Amy's shin, my neck, Christie's knee LOL Did I miss anything?! I'm so excited for the Gasparilla race!

J said...

Hope your knee is recovering! Good luck on your Sunday run!