Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I love to run!

I never thought I'd utter those words. However, after months of running with my good friend Barb and now my "running club" I absolutely love to run! I'd heard other runners talk about the "runners high" and the rampant hunger that comes from a long exhausting run(as if it were a good thing) and I never quite understood what they were talking about. I mean I knew the basic bonuses earned from running, being a size 2 after three kids, being in better shape than most 20 yr olds, and sleeping like a baby. Yet, still I hadn't grasped the true love of the sport. Don't get me wrong these past few months haven't been pristine but I think that it what the true "spirit" of running is really about. It's about having a crappy side-sititch infested run and then heading out two days later and having a wonderful, easy run. It's the give and take, ying and yang that leaves you wanting more. Thinking " Well, this run sucks but I bet my next one will be great." To a non-runner it's hard to grasp that concept but ask a runner and they will know exactly what you mean. So, eventhough it's not alway's a "run " in the park it's worth it!

No comments: