Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beach to Bayou 5k

Yesterday was the Beach to Bayou 5k put on by Tarpon Total Fitness. The race course began at Howard Park beach down the causeway, thru the park and then finishing back on the beach. What a beautiful course. The first mile was into the sun but nobody seemed to mind since we were running right by the water and it wasn't hot out yet. I liked this race becuase it didn't start at the crack of dawn. I'm all about an 8am start. I managed to shave 2min off my time from Iron Girl so I was happy with that. I finally broke that darn 30min curse. My plan is to do more speed work and continue to shave a couple mins off each time for the next few races in preparation for my June triathlon!

2 comments:

n/a said...

YAY! Two minutes is huge! AWESOME JOB!

J said...

Awesome! You finally got your under 30min!

Thanks for the comment on my veg blog! About the reclaimed water, as long as you wash your produce (which you would anyway), it is fine.