Friday, April 4, 2008

The last week of the first month of training...In a nutshell.

Sunday:
Bike 8mi
Run 2

This was my first experience with the bike/run scenario and it is intense. It was very windy today, which was a good challenge on the bike.

Monday:
Teach 45min spin
Teach 1hr bodyflex

Tuesday:
Run/Walk 4mi
1: 20/40 sprint
30min easy spin

This was our first work out with our "coach". I had an awful cramp in my left hamstring but I listened to my body(for a change) and took it as easy as I could.

Wednesday:
Teach 30min spin
Run: 15min 3: 20/40 sprints with jogging recovery total miles=2
Teach 1hr bodyflex

Thursday:
Swim: 100 warm up
A few 50's gliding, stream lining
250 ;)
50 cool down
I know we did more but I was too tired to really keep track. I had an epiphany with my breathing. Believe it or not it's actually much easier to breathe less!
Total time in pool=1hr
Bike: Approx. 6mi - pushing my second to hardest gear! HOLLA!!
Total time on bike= 30min
Run: A little over 4 mi total
5: 20/40 sprints
Drills- gallop, skip/backward skip,two-legged jumps,spidermans

Friday is for resting up for tomorrow's Iron Girl. I opted for the 5k since I haven't really been running. Just hoping for good weather and NO wind!!

2 comments:

n/a said...

First month complete - HOLLA!

Damn we're good :o) Think of how much we've improved this past month with no set schedule or any idea of what we were actually doing! We are going to be unstoppable by the end of month two! WHOOT!

J said...

Good luck at Iron Girl tomorrow!