Wednesday, January 20, 2010

She wears short shorts


Yesterday was a beautiful day here in southern MD. Sunny, high 40's and perfect for running. The best part was that for the first time in months it was warm enough to wear SHORTS!!!! Whoohoooo!
Obviously, I'm adapting to my new surroundings. If I were still in FL and it was in the 40's I probably would of been wearing a snowsuit. Anywho, it felt great to leave the running tights at home and finally get some sun on my pasty legs. I also threw on a light sweatshirt but that wasn't worn for long.
My schedule called for a 45 min run. My Garmin is still out of commission so I'm not sure of my distance. I ran loops around the county park near my house. It's a beautiful area and the gravel parking lots add a bit of a challenge but it's still better than running on concrete. I can feel it in my calves today!
I've decided to give spin class a second chance today. Hopefully this time I'll break a sweat. If not, I'll come home and let my bike on the trainer kick my butt.

2 comments:

n/a said...

cute post! I didn't realize you guys got a trainer. Isn't it so nice to have that option at home? :) Keep up the great training!

The Devlin Family said...

Actually, I have matt's friends trainer. I'm saving my pennies to get one like yours. When I get serious about purchasing I'll be needing your advice. I really want one I can climb with and track my mph.