Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A great swim!

Over the past few weeks my swims have been nothing to blog about. I've spent most every swim critizing myself. I literally run all my personal critiques through my head as i go. Head down, relax your neck, follow through on your pull, don't drink the pool, don't bend your knees too much, flick your wrist....the list is endless. After 1000 yards or so I get really sick of myself!

Today I decided to just relax, get through my work out and not be too hard on myself. I had a great swim. The air was a little cool (80 with no humidity) but the pool was nice and warm. It was also a huge bonus that I actually had the entire pool to myself. That is a very rare thing!

my workout:
all free
5/100
400
300 pull
200
4x100 drills
(kick, finger drag, pull, sighting)
200
I went through this workout with very little rest, just an occassional sip from my water bottle.
My goggles were fogging up like crazy so now my dilemma is wether or not to buy a new pair before Saturday. I already bought a new watch this week and my new tri shirt doesn't fit right with my shorts so I'll probably be getting a new tri suit this week too. Nobody ever said triathlons were cheap!

3 comments:

n/a said...

Great job on the swim! You are going to rock the tri!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Sometimes you just have to surrender... Amazing how that works.

(Not that I think you should ALWAYS surrender!!LOL!)

n/a said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!