Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quintana Roo ChicQilo - Chainwheel Drive Clearwater Palm Harbor




This is the tri bike I've been dreaming about.
Last week after meeting Matt for lunch I stopped by Chain Wheel drive in Clearwater. After a run-in with a size too small tri suit I decided to go over and check out their bikes. The guy working there thought it was very comicial that I was checking out the Trek Equinox. Apparently you have to be atleast 5'7 to ride one. I don't think I'll be getting any taller any time soon so that's definetely not the bike for me. It stinks being short!
He instantly steered me towards the Quintana bikes. Basically there were two, this one and one that was TWICE as much. As you can imagine, this one was then my first choice! Although the 6mos same as cash payment plan was tempting I knew Matt would KILL me if I came home with a new bike.
Hopefully I can beg, borrow and steal myself into this bike for next tri season! It even already has a great name. ChicQilo, which is almost as awesome as my current bike, Black Betty ;)

1 comment:

n/a said...

That bike is sooooo freakin cute! Being short works to your advantage for this! My sasquatch ass has to get a men's bike in blue no less.

I heart the pink :o)