Saturday, October 4, 2008

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Today as part of the Y's "Do Good Divas" team Teresa, Amy, Christy, Barb and I ran the 5k race in St. Pete. It was a beautiful morning and the race was well-organized and a lot of fun.

I started off a little too fast in my first mile, 8:00 pace but actually I felt great! There was some weaving and bobbing through the crowd but it wasn't too bad. It was cute seeing all the kids and dogs and babies in their "cure" gear. Pink was in full force today! I kept telling myself to slow down but I think that was actually harder than maintaining the pace because I wasted too much time looking at my watch! Next race I'm just going to go hard until I absolutely have to slow down.

My bubble was busted on mile 3 when I got a terrible side stitch. (note to self: no chinese for pre-race dinner) Overall I was happy with my race and we all had a really nice time.

There were tons of vendors for the post race festivities. Unfortunately I had to rush the girls out of there because Matt had to get to work. We were all really impressed with the race and will definetely be there next year!

Time: 29:03


1 comment:

n/a said...

Congrats on the PR! That was a tough race for a PR so big props girl!