Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another terrible run!

Tonight after dropping the girls off at GOTR Barb, Christy and I headed out from the Y for a 3mi run. It was a hot day today but this evening was a little overcast and breezy. It was definetely cooler than Tuesday. At about mile 3 I got the worst cramp in my side. I tried pushing on it, taking deep breaths and even slowing down but nothing seemed to work. We walked a little and I tried to pick it up to atleast finish with a little bit of decency. By the time we were almost in the Y parking lot I absolutely HAD to walk. That is such a crappy feeling. Ecspecially, when it had nothing to do with the heat but everything to do with the knife in my side! Luckily Barb and Christy are gracious runners who just go with the flow. Walk/Run, they just like to go!

mile 1 10:12
mile 2 9:47
mile 3 13:22

The cramp could be from teaching pilates this morning. If so, my body will just have to adjust since thursday will remain my running night even through the soccer season. I'm going to go back to no dairy/eggs on run days and see if that solves my cramping problems. I was well-hydrated today so I don't think that's the culprit.

No comments: